OUR BEER GARDEN AND PATIO IS FINALLY OPEN.
COVID-19 UPDATE - Sept 2021 – FAQ
How can I buy beer?
You can either buy it for pickup online before arriving Saturdays 12-5, or just drive on up and buy beer the old fashion way, in person.
Do you have anything other than takeaway purchase/curbside pickup available?
Yes! As of June 19, 2021 we have our patio/beer garden open.
Is your patio open?
Do you have an indoor space in case of rain?
We do not currently have an indoor space but we have 2 large tents for cover from any rain.
In November 2021 we should have a covered indoor space 3000sq ft. Stay tuned for details.
FULL PATIO/BEER GARDEN DETAILS
- We do not accept reservations. It will be first come first serve. With all the new picnic tables we have added there should be plenty of space for everyone.
- Feel free to bring a blanket if you want to sit on the grass (or if we run out of tables). We have umbrellas at the picnic tables, but bringing a hat, sunscreen, & sunglasses wouldn’t be the worst idea.
- We do not have food at this time but we have weekly food trucks that are here from 12-5. Check out the Food/Music tab for details on what foodtruck will be here on any Saturday.
- You must wear a mask at all times when unable to distance from others outside (like when ordering beer at the bar). Masks can be off when seated at your table only.
- You must maintain 2M distance from other groups.
- You must be seated at your table (or blanket) to eat or drink. No mingling between tables. Tables/blankets/seating areas are limited to 4 people per table.
- Dogs are welcome but please keep them leashed at all times. We love dogs about as much as we love anything in the world. But in the interest of keeping things sensible, leashes on at all times. & please pick up the poop. Don’t ruin this for everyone.
- We are open this Saturday June 19th from 12-5, and will be open every Saturday 12-5 moving forward. These will be the only hours we are open unless otherwise stated.
- We also ask for some kindness & patience as we reopen. It’s been almost 15 months since we have had people on site in our beer garden. We’ve changed a lot in that time. The world has changed a lot. We kind of forget how to do this & honestly it’s not even legal to beer garden the way we used to, so in a lot of ways, this is all new.
- We are going to get up to speed as fast as we can but things won’t be perfect from the jump. Rest assured we’re going to work our butts off to get this thing humming ASAP but until then, just be chill. Ok? Ok!
- We are very very excited to welcome you back to Badlands. The on site experience is what we do. It’s why we started a brewery the way we did. Whether it’s your first time or your 100th, we can’t wait to see your smiling faces again!
Additional, Non COVID related FAQ
Are you open yet?
What are your hours?
Are those your only hours?
Can I come to pick up beer outside of those hours if i’m in the area?
Will you be adding more hours in the future?
We do not currently have any plans to do so.
Can I buy beer online from you guys?
Yes. Fridays at 7PM for pickup ONLY on the following Saturdays (i.e. the next day) between 12-5 in person (or you can order online and pickup same day. Totatlly up to you).
Saturdays at 6pm our beer becomes available for Ontario wide shipping.
Are you actually located on a farm?
Sure are! The farm was established circa 1867 (or thereabouts). Our family has been living on the land since the 1940s, but has lived in the Cheltenham area since it was originally founded in the 1820s.
Do you offer brewery tours or tastings or both!?
No tours at the moment but self guided tasting are available during our retail hours.
Where can I find your beers?
All of our beer can be purchased online Fridays at 7PM (for pickup in person Saturday 12-5) or just Saturday 12-5 in person at the brewery.
You can also order our beer Saturdays at 6pm to Sundays at 7pm for Ontario wide shipping in 12 or 24 packs.
What kind of beers do you make?
Little bit of this, little bit of that. We love hops here at Badlands which is why our main focus is on hop forward ales (think pale ales, IPAs, DIPAs etc). But we are also fond of many other beer styles and dabble in everything from stouts and lagers to Belgian and sour ales.
Where can I find a list of beers to buy at any given time?
In the shop section of our website
I noticed last week there was (insert beer title here) available and now it is gone. Why is that, and is it ever going to come back?
We make a lot of different beers in very small batches (about 120L at a time), which means that as we rotate through our various offerings, some will inevitably become unavailable as we sell out of our limited stock. The truth is we absolutely love variety (and hopefully you do to!), and we try to constantly change, innovate and modify our recipes to not only feature the best and freshest ingredients we can, but also make them the best they possibly can be.
That being said, most of our beers will more than likely come back in one way or another at some point, so keep your eyes on our “beers” page and social media accounts to find out when and where!
When is the optimal time to drink your beer?
Long story short: drink it as soon as possible.
Long story Long: We release our beer as soon as we think it tastes its absolute best, which means that you should drink it as soon as you can after purchase. This is particularly true of our hoppy offerings. These are particularly volatile beers that do not keep well over a long period of time and should be consumed as fresh as possible. Those delicious aromatics we worked so hard to get in there do not keep well. Remember, temperature, UV and oxygen exposure are beers mortal enemy. We take care of oxygen exposure on our side while making/packaging the beer (by closed system beer transfer, C02 purging bottles, using oxygen scavenging caps etc), and then storing the beer in a dark cold cellar free of light. But once it leaves our hands you have to treat it right so that it continues to taste its absolute best for as long as possible! (But we still recommend you just drink it ASAP).
Yeah, but what about bottle conditioned sours and stouts?
These beer styles age much more gracefully than our hoppy beers and or lagers, however, we still recommend you drink them sooner than later. We release all of our beer once they taste good and we recommend you drink them at that time.
However, if you’re curious about how these beers age and change, we would simply recommend you get multiple bottles, drink one fresh, then age the others as desired. The best of both worlds solution as we like to call it!
Do you take your bottles back at the brewery?
No. Due to COVID we no longer accept them.
I have more questions, where can I get answers!?
Send us a message on Facebook and we’ll get back to you as soon as we can!