COVID-19 UPDATE – FAQ
Things keep on changing in this new world of ours. You asked for it, and we failed to deliver it, so we're back to the old website now! It's been exhausting building and rebuilding websites. This one works the best of any we have built. It isn't 110% perfect, but its the best we can afford.
Starting 22 May, 2020 and effective until otherwise specified, purchases will work as follows:
1️) Online Beers will go live on our website Friday’s at 7pm. This will be for PICKUP ONLY. There is no delivery or shipping.
2️) All beers are now ONLY available as a pre-made mix pack. You can only buy one per person per order. Do not order multiple packs under the same name in separate orders or we will cancel your order.
3️) There is no longer a reserve in cart feature. You must fully complete the purchase (i.e. get all your payment info in and an order confirmation) in order to get the beer. Again, once it is in your cart, you are NOT guaranteed to get that beer. You must complete the purchase.4) You no longer need to specify a pickup time. You just need to show up between 12-5 on Saturday with your name and order number and we will get you the goods! If you do not collect between 12-5 we will cancel and refund your order.
5) Pull up to Bottle Shed, confirm your order # and name, and we will place your order in your car. Do not exit your car, easy peasy!
6) Drive away with a peaceful no contact transaction and you didn’t even have to exit your vehicle! Have a safe and pleasant rest of your weekend! Stay safe!
- You are allowed to pick up orders for other people. If you and a friend both successfully got an order in one of you can pickup the order for the other. However it is essential that the person who is having their order picked up message or email us with the name of the individual who is picking up their order
- We now only offer mix packs of beer for the weeks releases. This will both ensure for more efficient curbside pickup and a larger number of people being able to try the beer. You cannot buy single bottles of beer.
- You can only add one mix pack to your cart. Any double orders for the same person will be cancelled and refunded.
- You cannot drop by for beer to go without having placed an order online. If you have not ordered beer online for pickup, you can not buy beer on Saturday and you will be turned away. Or you will have to order online from your car (depending on availability).
- Please do not place an order if you do not intend to pick it up. We will not send it to you by mail. This is increasingly becoming a problem and we do not want to have to impose more restrictions than are already in place.
To summarize Quickly:
- Beer will be available online Fridays at 7PM for pickup Saturday 12-5
- You CANNOT place an order for shipping
- You cannot buy single bottles of beer
Additional, Non COVID related FAQ
Are you open yet?
What are your hours?
Are those your only hours?
Can I come to pick up beer outside of those hours if i’m in the area?
Will you be adding more hours in the future?
We do not currently have any plans to do so.
Can I buy beer online from you guys?
Yes. Fridays at 7PM for pickup ONLY on the following Saturdays (i.e. the next day) between 12-5.
Are you actually located on a farm?
Sure are! The farm was established circa 1867 (or thereabouts). Our family has been living on the land since the 1940s, but has lived in the Cheltenham area since it was originally founded in the 1820s.
Do you offer brewery tours or tastings or both!?
No tours at the moment but tasting are available during our retail hours.
Where can I find your beers?
All of our beer can be purchased online Fridays at 7PM.
What kind of beers do you make?
Little bit of this, little bit of that. We love hops here at Badlands which is why our main focus is on hop forward ales (think pale ales, IPAs, DIPAs etc). But we are also fond of many other beer styles and dabble in everything from stouts and lagers to Belgian and sour ales.
Where can I find a list of beers to buy at any given time?
In the shop section of our website
I noticed last week there was (insert beer title here) available and now it is gone. Why is that, and is it ever going to come back?
We make a lot of different beers in very small batches (about 120L at a time), which means that as we rotate through our various offerings, some will inevitably become unavailable as we sell out of our limited stock. The truth is we absolutely love variety (and hopefully you do to!), and we try to constantly change, innovate and modify our recipes to not only feature the best and freshest ingredients we can, but also make them the best they possibly can be.
That being said, most of our beers will more than likely come back in one way or another at some point, so keep your eyes on our “beers” page and social media accounts to find out when and where!
When is the optimal time to drink your beer?
Long story short: drink it as soon as possible.
Long story Long: We release our beer as soon as we think it tastes its absolute best, which means that you should drink it as soon as you can after purchase. This is particularly true of our hoppy offerings. These are particularly volatile beers that do not keep well over a long period of time and should be consumed as fresh as possible. Those delicious aromatics we worked so hard to get in there do not keep well. Remember, temperature, UV and oxygen exposure are beers mortal enemy. We take care of oxygen exposure on our side while making/packaging the beer (by closed system beer transfer, C02 purging bottles, using oxygen scavenging caps etc), and then storing the beer in a dark cold cellar free of light. But once it leaves our hands you have to treat it right so that it continues to taste its absolute best for as long as possible! (But we still recommend you just drink it ASAP).
Yeah, but what about bottle conditioned sours and stouts?
These beer styles age much more gracefully than our hoppy beers and or lagers, however, we still recommend you drink them sooner than later. We release all of our beer once they taste good and we recommend you drink them at that time.
However, if you’re curious about how these beers age and change, we would simply recommend you get multiple bottles, drink one fresh, then age the others as desired. The best of both worlds solution as we like to call it!
Do you take your bottles back at the brewery?
No. Due to COVID we no longer accept them.
I have more questions, where can I get answers!?
Send us a message on Facebook and we’ll get back to you as soon as we can!